5 Great Reasons to Bring Home ENERGY STAR® Certified Products
Here are five reasons consider ENERGY STAR® certified products for our homes:
- They say the average American household can reduce its energy use and save over one-third (about $700 per year) on energy bills by using ENERGY STAR® products and best practices.
- This one is great, you may be able receive up to $1,500 in tax credit by investing in energy efficient improvements to your home with ENERGY STAR® products. Here’s a link to find out the details specific to you because these rebates vary by products and where you live.
- ENERGY STAR® products meet very strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the EPA and US Department of Energy.
- Products that earn the ENERGY STAR® Rating must have the features and performance that we consumers want and need and still offer better energy efficiency.
- Using these products in your home reduces greenhouse gas emissions and other pollutants.
- Check out this great ENERGY STAR® savings video,. It explains the impact of buying ENERGY STAR® very well.
There is such a variety of ENERGY STAR® certified products available for your home such as air conditioners, doors, windows, kitchen appliances, outdoor light fixtures and many more. In fact, you can find thousands of ENERGY STAR® Rated products throughout homedepot.com.
Making my home more green and saving some too makes me very happy and makes me feel a little bit better about trying turning on the air conditioner in this heat.